This article gives an overview and step-by-step instructions on how to send Broadcast Text Messages
Broadcast Messaging is a widespread feature of business texting platforms. The primary use cases for broadcast messaging through Prokeep include:
Updating customers about new products or recalls
Notify all employees and customers of a store closure or change of hours
Messaging a targeted group of customers with regular delivery notifications
How to Set up & Send a Broadcast Message:
- As an Approved User, please log into your Prokeep account.
- Click the Broadcast Message icon on the sidebar
- Click 'Create a Broadcast Message'
- Add the Message Name & then click 'Save & Continue'
- Click on 'Recipients' to choose who in your group's contacts will receive the message
- You will then be able to search for contacts, companies, lists, or groups by name
- Select the contacts by checking the box next to their name
- Once all desired recipients have been selected, click 'Add # Selected'
- Once you have added your recipients, you will be able to see the list by clicking on the eye next to 'Reachable Audience' to see who has been selected as well as contacts who were selected that have opted out*.
- Then you will click the arrow next to 'Message'
- In the 'Message Text' box you will be able to type out your message.
- If you want to attach a file to the announcement, you can click the paper clip icon below the text box to search & add the file to the message.
- Then click 'Save and Continue'
- Once the recipients & message have been set, you will be able to see how much the Broadcast Text Message will cost.
Note: Broadcast Text Messages can be sent even if they exceed the character limit. They are treated as MMS and charged accordingly, and users are notified of this before sending.
- You also have the option to 'Schedule' the Broadcast Text Message to go out on a specific date/time OR you can use the 'Send Now' button.
*Customers will receive a message regarding your location having Broadcast Messages enabled where they have the option to 'Opt Out'
Creating an Broadcast Text Message List
- When in the Broadcast Text Message dashboard, click on 'Lists'
- Then click 'Create List'
- You will then give the list name & a description
- Once the list has been named, you will click the pencil icon to add contacts.
- Then you will click 'Edit'
- From there you will be able to add individual contacts and/or companies to the list.
- Once your contacts/companies have been added to the list, you will click 'Save'
- This list can be used later to quickly message a pre-created audience of customers
Creating a List How-To Video:
As an Administrator, you will automatically be given access to the Broadcast Text Messaging feature. If you wish to grant access to other users, you will go into Settings, then Users, and then click on the 'pencil' to edit the user. You will then check the box to enable Broadcast Text Messaging access.
Once access has been given, the user will have an icon next to their role in the Users screen.